1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
2- 1/4 inch thick slices of pancetta or 4 slices thick cut bacon
2 shallots, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Ground black pepper
Salt (I like a coarse salt)
1. Spread halved brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO, salt & black pepper. Roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned.
2. While the sprouts are roasting, caramelize the shallots and garlic in a small pan with a drizzle of EVOO and 1 tbsp butter.
3. In a large skillet cook bacon or pancetta until crispy. Set aside until sprouts are done roasting.
4. Combine all ingredients in the large skillet containing the bacon/pancetta. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add thyme, mix, and serve!